Ask a question about Kanban System Design® course
This 2-day course is for managers, developers, and anyone wanting to learn the fundamentals of the Kanban Method®. This course, also known as Kanban Management Professional I (KMP I), and is the first of two courses towards the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential. KMP I is the prerequisite to KMP II.
By completing both KMP I and KMP II, participants can achieve the KMP credential with the LeanKanban University®.
Praise for BERTEIG
Kanban System Design® (KMP I) Training
Berteig has been doing Agile training for a number of years and it shows - they deliver what they say, in an effective, engaging way..
Partner, December 2017
Travis is a great facilitator with a good sense of humour. His approach to training is methodical and thoughtful and I'd recommend KSD to anyone looking to advance their Lean and Agile knowledge.
Principle Consultant, October 2017
Clear explanation of all the concepts.
Agile Coach, October 2017
Travis really knows his stuff. He is a great listener and helped me see some gaps in my organization's system design. Great course!
Corporate Relations, October 2017
Travis did a great job leading the class through the material of the KMP I course.
Coach and Trainer, October 2017
Travis was an excellent Coach, the pace was excellent. The games and case studies were very relevant.
Project Manager, June 2017
Travis is a patient & excellent teacher.
Very knowledgeable instructor. Covered a lot with real world examples.
Travis has managed to clear my confusion in a day. I've lived with this confusion for over 2 years. Thank you Travis.
By successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- Design a Kanban system and initiate change with Kanban.
- Understand the basic concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement.
- Work with shifting priorities
- Deal with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- Deal with important but not time-critical work
- Avoid having work pile up in one place (or time) while there is a lack of work in another place
- Create flow in the work, the information to perform the work, and the teams that do the work
- Kanban in action
- Key elements of a Kanban system, such as commitment points, work item types, classes of service, explicit policies, cadences
- Kanban system mechanics, such as pull, replenishment, delivery
- Key Kanban system indicators, such as lead time and cumulative-flow diagram
- STATIK: the systems thinking approach to introducing Kanban
- Kanban case study
- Creating context for change
- Demand analysis
- Workflow visualization
- Discovering and designing classes of service
- Replenishment and delivery cadences
- Kanban system visualization
Who Should Attend?
This class is for those who take responsibility for improving delivery of products and services to customers of their professional service businesses.
First and second line managers, project managers, product managers, experienced individual contributors and technical experts, Scrum Masters, business unit leaders, C-level executives, their improvement coaches and consultants.
About Your Instructors
Travis Birch Partner
Travis Birch has extensive experience in consulting, coaching and facilitation in organizational transformation and team building methods since 2008, with a focus on Agile methods. Travis has worked with executive leaders, managers, staff and other consultants to move them towards higher levels of Real Agility. This includes organizational consulting, transformational change management, culture change, overcoming resistance to change, all while focused on great business results and creating a great work environment.
Travis has aided numerous teams to help them get through the four stages of team development to reach a high-performance level. One team improved so much that it went from being shunned by stakeholders to winning a government-wide award for project delivery excellence.
Prior to consulting, Travis was involved in numerous community development and volunteer efforts while working as a professional ballet performer. Travis is highly committed to helping transform people, process and culture in organizations. Travis brings patience, integrity and sensitivity to others as personal qualities to his work with organizations.
Travis is a regular contributor to the widely-read blog, Agile Advice.
Certified Scrum Professional, Accredited Kanban Trainer, and a certified SAFe Program Consultant.
- Over 16 years experience in community and organizational development
- Over 8 years experience assisting organizations to achieve the benefits of Agile
- Over 6 years experience with large-scale Agile adoptions
James Steele Senior Consultant
James is a seasoned Entrepreneur and Management Consultant with over two decades of information technology and business operations experience in the public and private sectors. James is recognized for his ability to work with organizations in helping them attain their objectives using incremental, evolutionary process, and systems change methods.
His exceptional business acumen and experience have been continuously called upon by companies looking to improve their business and build enterprise software systems. He has a proven track record for successfully managing and coaching teams that deliver enterprise software systems using Agile principles, the Kanban Method, and the Scrum Framework
James is passionate about working with leaders and teams to help them foster a mindset of continuous improvement that is founded upon values of integrity, trust, and respect.
James holds the prestigious Accredited Kanban Trainer designation from Lean Kanban University.
- Over 20 years experience working with managers in organizational development
- Over 7 years in the executive-level position of Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Over 3 years working as a mentor assisting organizations achieve the benefits of Agile
All attendees receive a free electronic copy of either “Kanban” by David J. Anderson or “Kanban from the Inside” by Mike Burrows.
- Q: Prices are in what currency?
- A: Canadian dollars.
- Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
- A: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We do not invoice for training. Under special circumstances we can also accept wire transfers, personal cheques, cash, PayPal and purchase orders. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special payment arrangements.
- Q: I need to cancel my place due to… what do I do about it?
- A: If your request to cancel is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you will be issued a refund and your spot will be made available for someone else. Please contact email@example.com with the order number you wish to have refunded. Within ten (10) business days, no refund is possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in a future class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply). In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: I need to change the course date I am registered for due to… what do I do about it?
- A: As with cancellation, if your request to change dates is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you can be moved. Please contact email@example.com with your name, current course date and requested new course date.Within ten (10) business days, no changes are possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in another class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply). In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact us as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: Can I send someone else in my place?
- A: Yes. You are welcome to change the registration information for a spot at a Learning Event at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details including your own registration information and the full name, email address and phone number of the person who will attend in your place. There is no charge for such a change.
- Q: I found “the same” course for less… will you give me a discount?
- A: No. You have registered for a premier learning event, not a clone of some other course.
- Q: Do you ever offer discounts?
- A: Yes. Everyone who attends one of our Learning Event is given a discount code to use on other courses or to pass along to coworkers, associates, family and friends. Also, if you belong to an organization that sends more than 5 people to our training courses, you may be eligible for our Loyalty Program. The more people attending our training, the higher the discount available. Please contact us at email@example.com to find out more.
- Also, we offer “Early Bird” discounts on some Learning Events. We encourage you to register early to take advantage of this offer.
- Q: What if I register, then later discover a Loyalty Program discount was applicable. Can I get the discount applied retroactively?
- A: Yes, you can. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number for which you would like the discount applied and your Loyalty Program coupon code.
- Q: Is your training tax deductible and can I get a T2202A slip?
- A: No, our training is not eligible for tax deductions. We do not give T2202A slips. T2202A slips are usually issued from Post Secondary Education Institutions like a college or university. We are not such an institution. Purchasing our training is more like purchasing a book or a ticket to an event.
- Q: How do I get ScrumMaster Certification (CSM)?
- A: The Scrum Alliance organizes this certification. Full details can be found at http://www.scrumalliance.org/pages/CSM. We offer the training component of the Certified ScrumMaster program in both our public Learning Events as well as an option for in-house Learning Events.
- Q: What is included in the ScrumMaster Certification (CSM)?
- A: The Certified ScrumMaster training that we offer includes all the materials that are needed to complete the training part of the certification (part 1/2). There is no extra fee for the online test (part 2/2), it is included in your registration with us. Once you have completed the training, you will receive an email within 1 week to complete the remaining step to get your certification. Full instructions will be provided in class, but don’t worry, the test is easy! If you want to study, please consider reading the Scrum Guide.
- Q: How do I get Product Owner Certification (CSPO)?
- A: The Scrum Alliance organizes this certification. Full details can be found at http://www.scrumalliance.org/pages/certified_scrum_product_owner. We offer the training component of the Certified Scrum Product Owner program in our public Learning Events. Currently, there is no test component to this certification.
- Q: How do I get SAFe® Scaled Agilist Certification (SA – from Scaled Agile)?
- A: The Scaled Agile organization coordinates this certification. BERTEIG is a Silver Partner and we are licensed to offer the training component (called ‘Leading SAFe®‘) in both our public Learning Events as well as an option for in-house Learning Events. Full details can be found at Leading SAFe®.
- Q: How do I get Team Member Certification (OATM)?
- A: The OpenAgile Learning Center organizes this certification. Full details can be found at http://www.openagile.com/TeamMember. We offer the training component of the OpenAgile Team Member program in both our public Learning Events and as an option for in-house Learning Events.
- Q: How do I get Agile Project Manager Certification (PMI-ACP)?
- A: The Project Management Institute organizes this certification. Full details can be found at http://www.pmi.org/en/Certification/New-PMI-Agile-Certification.aspx. We offer the training component of this certification either through a combination of two two-day courses or through a single three-day course. This is also available in-house.
- Q: How do I get Kanban Certification?
- A: The Lean Kanban University organizes this certification. Full details can be found at http://edu.leankanban.com/. We offer the training component of this certification. This is also available in-house.
- Q: I would like to get my PMI PDUs for CSM or CSPO. How do I do this?
- A: Berteig Consulting is a registered education provider (REP) for the CSM and CSPO training courses, please visit the PMI CCRS website where you can choose BERTEIG as the REP and collect the appropriate PDUs: Category A PDUs.
- Q: I would like to get my PMI PDUs for other BERTEIG Agile training (not CSM or CSPO). How do I do this?
- A: If you have completed a Learning Event with us that has appropriate content, you should have received a letter of attendance at the end of the event or in your participant’s folder. Please contact your instructor if you failed to obtain a letter confirming your attendance. You will then need to retain this letter for the PMI in case you are audited. Obtaining the PDUs is your responsibility after we have issued the letter to you. Here is a brief reference on this topic: Category B PDUs.
- Q: What if I’m shy and don’t like interacting with people?
- A: Our Learning Events are highly interactive… and we make them safe and comfortable for even the most shy people! Our facilitators are experts in creating an environment where everyone is encouraged to participate without forcing you to do things or say things that might be uncomfortable. This is not like school. This is not like a university lecture. This is not like a high-pressure business meeting.
- Q: What if I’m just coming to get a certification?
- A: Okay! We know lots of people who have come to our Learning Events in the past, walked out with a valuable certification, and told us in no uncertain terms that it was the best “course” they had ever attended, they learned far more than they expected, and they are excited to apply what they have learned as soon as possible. But sure, you can attend just for the certification!
- Q: What do I need to bring with me?
- A: For most learning events you do not need to bring anything. During the Learning Event session, you will be asked to keep electronic devices out of the learning environment. You are welcome to bring your own notebook for note-taking but we provide materials for this as well. Check the description of your Learning Event to see if there are any special requirements.
- Q: Do you provide food?
- A: We normally provide coffee, tea, and light snacks in the morning and afternoon of a Learning Event. Lunch is not usually provided.
- Q: Why don’t you provide printed books of your slides?
- A: First of all, we usually don’t have many slides (if any!) in most of our Learning Events – instead we have a moderate number of handouts. The only exceptions are typically the SAFe training classes where we are a delivery partner and the materials come directly from Scaled Agile – in those classes there are typically a lot of slides and printed books. Secondly, printing heavy books uses a lot of paper and energy for something that most people don’t ever refer back to after their “course” is finished. Third, you will learn better by taking your own notes (and we provide a simple structured way to do this)!
- For our own classes (not the Scaled Agile classes), handouts will be provided in electronic form following the class via file sharing system.
- Q: When does my Learning Event start and finish?
- A: Normally our Learning Events start at 8:30 sharp and end by 5:00pm. Some Learning Events may have other schedules. Please read the page about your particular Learning Event to know exactly what time it starts and ends.
- Q: Do you offer your Learning Events as private in-house sessions?
- A: Yes. Please contact email@example.com for more information and to receive a quote. Typically in-house sessions are scheduled six or more weeks after a contract has been signed – please ask for a quote as soon as possible if you think your need is urgent! We can also create custom Learning Events for an additional fee. We even do train-the-trainer programs for larger organizations who wish to leverage in-house staff. Generally, we avoid doing the CSM and CSPO Learning Events in-house and encourage you to come with your group to a public session.
- Q: What if I have an emergency and have to leave for some/part/most of the class?
- A: Depends on the emergency. If it is a medical emergency for yourself or a family member, we will work with you to either re-schedule or refund your money depending on circumstances. We don’t have a fixed policy about this. For work related emergencies, we will not issue a refund, but will offer a spot to you at a future course at a 50% discount rate.
- Q: Does BERTEIG partner with others to advertise and deliver training?
- A: Yes. We partner with training resellers who can reach different people than we can. If you have a question about our resellers or if you are interested in establishing a partnership relationship please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: I am a trainer myself. Can I list my courses on this website?
- A: No. This is one type of partnership that we are considering but have not yet established. If you are interested in this type of partnership, please contact email@example.com.