Upcoming Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner® (CSaSP)
No learning events currently scheduled for this Course.
Scrum@Scale® enables the transformation of every division, department, and service in any organization and can efficiently coordinate an unlimited number of Scrum teams through its use of a “scale-free” architecture. Scrum@Scale® naturally extends the core Scrum framework and was created by Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum.
Achieve Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner®, CSaSP designation by successfully completing the 2-days of classroom training and passing the Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner® exam.
Praise for BERTEIG
Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner® (CSaSP) Training
Highly recommended to all the companies out there looking to implement scrum.
Great insights and advice on how to effectively implement Scrum in our teams.
Education Content Creator
Great insights and advice on how to effectively implement Scrum in our teams.
Education Content Creator , January 2018
This was an intense, dynamic, and very engaging introduction to Scrum at Scale that made the framework easily accessible and understandable - despite the fact that I am not a software professional.
Great course for the future of product delivery.
Excellent...I would highly recommend this course for anyone trying to learn the agile framework. 10/10!
The team provided a well organized classroom environment that was optimal for learning and my confidence moving forward as a Scrum Master.
Did not expect to enjoy the course however it was very informative and well organized. I learned a lot and can apply it to my everyday work at my employer! Great teachers.
Senior Project Manager, January 2018
Going with Berteig was the right decision. The real life examples that were cited during the classroom sessions were of great help.
Scrum Master, January 2018
Passionate instructors in a setting with intelligent peers. Worth attending!
Director, January 2018
Instructor's acumen and understanding of SCRUM was superb. The course is very well structured, providing a lot of pertinent information and practical exercises, without overwhelming the student. Punctuality was superb and it really added to the positive experience. Best two day course I have ever attended.
Project Manager / Consultant , December 2017
I found this training highly engaging, valuable, and it's completely worth it.
Senior Business Analyst , December 2017
Mishkin is a very knowledgeable scrum coach.
Senior Project Manager, December 2017
This course is a must for anyone interested in the future of Agile (processes).
Rate Analyst, December 2017
The team provided a well organized classroom environment that was optimal for learning and my confidence moving forward as a Scrum Master.
Product Owner , November 2017
Great course, great instructor willing to iterate to improve, much like the concepts taught.
Software Developer , November 2017
Excellent training and insights from experienced coaches.
Project Manager , November 2017
By successfully completing this Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner® course you will be able to:
- Implement the Scrum@Scale® framework and all of its core components
- Facilitate cross team collaboration and release planning with tens, hundreds or thousands of people
- Create and prioritize a transformation Backlog to overcome impediments to scaling
- Measure and improve key Scrum metrics at an Enterprise level
- Welcome & Introductions
- What is the role of the Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner®
- Product Vision
- About Sprint Backlog
- Product Backlog Items
- Calculating ROI
- Velocity & Release Planning
- Scrum@Scale® Framework Overview
- The Scrum@Scale Process
- Rules of thumb in Scrum@Scale
- Improving Quality
- The Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner® Role
- Qualities of a Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner®
- Removing Obstacles
- Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner® and Traditional Roles
- What Did You Learn?
- Feedback Forms
A two-day Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course or comparable real-world experience implementing Scrum. Completion of a two-day Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) course is encouraged, but not required.
About Your Instructors
Fabian Schwartz Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST)
Fabian consults on Scrum and Agile adoption with large enterprises and offers Jeff Sutherland's Scrum@Scale training to help organizations transform and accelerate Product Delivery as part of an Agile Transformations.
Fabian is the first Scrum@Scale Trainer in Colombia, a managing partner in Scrum Colombia, and regularly teaches in Latin America, Europe and beyond.
Fabian Schwarz has 17 years of experience in the technology sector, having served in many roles in the IT industry, including developer, tester, trainer, project manager, program manager and executive. Fabian has grown from being an early adopter of Agile to achieving the most prestigious title of Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST), which allows him to certify candidates in the Scrum Alliance designations of Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO).
As a public speaker, Fabian has presented at conferences on topics such as Agile culture change and Agile change management.
Fabian has extensive experience coaching and mentoring in different areas of Agile development and project management, and taught Project and IT Management at Universities in Europe and South America for over 13 years.
Fabian is passionate about helping clients to achieve their goals and improve their performance leveraging Agile approaches.
- Over 17 years practising in the Technology sector
- Over 13 years experience teaching IT project management in the classroom
- Over 5 years experience applying Agile practices in development environments
Jerry Doucett VP Training Services, Senior Consultant and Instructor
Jerry Doucett is an Agile transformation advisor with over 25 years of hands-on experience in software and process development initiatives. Jerry has proudly served on numerous enterprise transformations by focusing support on four key success pillars: cultivating in-house expertise on Lean and Agile practices, defining enterprise transformation strategies, building and delivering coaching and training programs, and developing effective relationships between business and IT.
For over a decade Jerry has been supporting Agile transformation strategies. On numerous occasions he has served as an integral coach, mentor, advisor and team member on several enterprise transformation leadership teams including several companies with over 50,000 employees.
Jerry has developed and delivered Agile training for over 2,500 people in Canada and abroad. He has been teaching private Scrum classes under license for Jeff Sutherland and Scrum Inc. since 2016. His tailored materials include everything from introductions to advanced role-focused topics, and target audiences from junior team members to senior executives at multinational corporations. He has contributed many blog and online articles over the last few years, and his latest book (published October 2018) is “The Scrum Master Guide to Choosing Retrospective Techniques”.
Certifications and Accreditations:
Accredited Kanban Trainer, Licensed Scrum Trainer, Kanban Management Professional
Scrum Alliance® Registered Education Provider, Certified Scrum Professional
Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Scrum Developer, Professional Scrum Master I
SAFe® Program Consultant, Project Management Professional
Prosci ADKAR® Change Management Professional
B.A.A, HONS, Applied Geography, Economics Minor, Ryerson University
- Over 25 years in software and process development initiatives
- Over 15 years of applying project management practices
- Over 9 years assisting organizations to leverage Agile and Lean approaches
- Over 7 years assisting enterprise Agile transformations
“I wanted to acknowledge Jerry for his support and mentorship as he was pivotal as I on boarded to a new role within a new department and new Scrum team; a team newly formed and new to Agile. Jerry supported the team through training including User Story Writing and Agile estimation workshops among many. During team lift off Jerry identified that both road map and product backlog were missing from ‘delivering value’ stream and as a result we saw a team with constantly changing focus, a large number of product responsibilities and a lack of clarity on priorities. The Scrum process does facilitate changing priorities, but it doesn’t help the team adapt. This was an extremely challenging experience but a tremendous learning opportunity for me as I had guidance and gained key insights from this experienced Agile Enterprise Coach. I am fortunate to have been able to rely on Jerry’s leadership, experience and coaching. Thank you!” – Angeline Lim, Program Implementation Manager at Loyalty One
2018 – The Scrum Master Guide to Choosing Retrospective Techniques
(Currently only available on Lulu.com in ePub format. Click the image for more information.)
Forbes Benning Agile Coach and Trainer
Forbes Benning began using the Agile philosophy in 2008 and wonders how he ever lived without it. Now Forbes wants to share that knowledge and experience with other teams. He has experience consulting, coaching, facilitation and team building in large enterprise settings. With a focus on methods such as Scrum, Forbes is committed to helping transform people, process and culture in organizations.
Forbes was active in helping projects succeed for 10 years before becoming a PMP in 2005. He then received certification as a ScrumMaster® in 2008. He is dedicated to sharing this knowledge to help other teams succeed.
Forbes has worked as a ScrumMaster to assist teams in their adoption of Scrum. He has also assisted firms in the financial, gaming and automotive sector with their Agile transformations, including Agile teamwork, Agile project and product management, and Agile consulting and training at the executive level.
Forbes has been a long-time volunteer with the PMI-SWOC. He managed the organization of the regional PMI conference in 2009 and 2010.
Now he is also working on enterprise cloud transformation and has become an AWS Architect (Amazon Web Services) to help with customer journeys.
Select Client List:
Certent, CIHI (Canadian Institute of Health Information), City of Toronto, Finastra (D+H), Government of Ontario, Great West Life, Intuit Canada, Kijiji (eBay), Nutreco, SafeNet, ScotiaBank, Seneca College, TD Canada Trust, Upstream Works, PPI, CoreSolutions, Mostly Digital, Diamond L Healthcare Software Solutions, Gilchrist Games, PMI-SWOC, Autodata, The Ontario Association of Community Care Access Centres, The Ontario Ministry of Environment
Certifications and Accreditations:
Professional Scrum Master I + II (PSM I and PSM II), Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I)
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP), Kanban Management Professional (KMP)
AWS Architect, Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified SAFe Agilist (Leading SAFe)
Bachelor of Arts (History) from the University of Western Ontario
Over 23 years helping projects succeed
Over 11 years experience helping teams adopt Scrum and other Agile methods
5 years of experience training teams and organizations on Scrum
Testimonials / References
“I thought the class was great with Forbes providing real world examples and experiences.” – Product Manager
All attendees receive a deck of Estimation Cards and the instructor often brings extra. Each deck includes 4 sets, therefore most Scrum teams need 2 or 3 decks. Please let us know if you’d like more and we will be sure to bring more decks for your team.
You’ll receive a free electronic copy of Mishkin Berteig’s book ‘Agile Advice’.
This is a collection of the best articles from the AgileAdvice blog with additional commentary, updates, and 3 exclusive articles written just for the book.
Every participant will receive a “pay-it-forward” discount coupon code valid for any BERTEIG public learning event. You can give it to colleagues, friends, family or even use it yourself for another BERTEIG class.
All attendees also receive a complimentary spiral-bound journal with lined paper and zipper pocket.
You can use it to take notes during the class and to record your Agile learning journey beyond the classroom.
- Q: Prices are in what currency?
- A: Canadian dollars.
- Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
- A: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We do not invoice for training. Under special circumstances we can also accept wire transfers, personal cheques, cash, PayPal and purchase orders. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special payment arrangements.
- Q: I need to cancel my place due to... what do I do about it?
- A: If your request to cancel is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you will be issued a refund and your spot will be made available for someone else. Please contact email@example.com with the order number you wish to have refunded. Within ten (10) business days, no refund is possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in a future class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply). In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: I need to change the course date I am registered for due to... what do I do about it?
- A: As with cancellation, if your request to change dates is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you can be moved. Please contact email@example.com with your name, current course date and requested new course date.Within ten (10) business days, no changes are possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in another class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply). In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact us as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: Can I send someone else in my place?
- A: Yes. You are welcome to change the registration information for a spot at a Learning Event at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details including your own registration information and the full name, email address and phone number of the person who will attend in your place. There is no charge for such a change.
- Q: I found "the same" course for less... will you give me a discount?
- A: No. You have registered for a premier learning event, not a clone of some other course.
- Q: Do you ever offer discounts?
- A: Yes. Everyone who attends one of our Learning Event is given a discount code to use on other courses or to pass along to coworkers, associates, family and friends. Also, if you belong to an organization that sends more than 5 people to our training courses, you may be eligible for our Loyalty Program. The more people attending our training, the higher the discount available. Please contact us at email@example.com to find out more.
- Also, we offer "Early Bird" discounts on some Learning Events. We encourage you to register early to take advantage of this offer.
- Q: What if I register, then later discover a Loyalty Program discount was applicable. Can I get the discount applied retroactively?
- A: Yes, you can. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number for which you would like the discount applied and your Loyalty Program coupon code.
- Q: Is your training tax deductible and can I get a T2202A slip?
- A: No, our training is not eligible for tax deductions. We do not give T2202A slips. T2202A slips are usually issued from Post Secondary Education Institutions like a college or university. We are not such an institution. Purchasing our training is more like purchasing a book or a ticket to an event.
- Q: How do I become a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)?
- A: Scrum Alliance is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/csm-certification. The training component of the CSM designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: What is included in becoming a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)?
- A: The Certified ScrumMaster training that we offer includes all the materials that are needed to complete the training part of the certification (part 1/2). There is no extra fee for the online test (part 2/2), it is included in your registration with us. Once you have completed the training, you will receive an email within 1 week to complete the remaining step to get your certification. Full instructions will be provided in class, but don't worry, the test is easy! If you want to study, please consider reading the Scrum Guide.
- Q: How do I become a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)?
- A: Scrum Alliance is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/cspo-certification. The training component of the CSPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSPO in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I get SAFe® Scaled Agilist Certification (SA - from Scaled Agile)?
- A: Scaled Agile is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scaledagile.com/certification/courses/leading-safe. The training component of the SA designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s public Learning Events or as part of a designated SA in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as an OpenAgile Team Member (OATM)?
- A: The OpenAgile Center for Learning is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at http://www.openagile.com/TeamMember. The training component of the OATM designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s public Learning Events or as part of a designated OATM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become a PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)?
- A: The Project Management Institute is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/agile-acp. The training component of the PMI-ACP designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s public Learning Events or as part of a designated PMI-ACP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)?
- A: Lean Kanban University is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/team-kanban. The training component of the TKP designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s public Learning Events or as part of a designated TKP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP)?
- A: Lean Kanban University is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/kmp-program. Note this is a two-class certification – you must complete BOTH the Kanban Systems Design (KMPI) class AND the Kanban Management Professional (KMPII) class. The training component of the KMP designation is available either by attending BERTEIG public Learning Events or as part of designated in-house private Learning Events.
- Q: How can I claim my CSM or CSPO class for PDUs from PMI?
- A: BERTEIG is a Registered Education Provider (REP) with PMI for the CSM and CSPO courses. Please log in to your account on the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org and choose BERTEIG as your REP when entering in your learning experience. Be sure to choose the appropriate class you took (CSM or CSPO) to claim the appropriate PDUs.
- Q: How can I claim my class (non CSM or CSPO) for PDUs from PMI?
- A: If you have completed a Learning Event with BERTEIG that has appropriate content, once you have completed the class you may find a digital copy of a letter of attendance in our file repository. Please use this letter as evidence of attending the class. If you cannot access the letter of attendance, please either contact your instructor or the course administrator and they will be happy to provide one for you. Note that you will need to retain this letter for audit purposes. Obtaining PDUs is your responsibility once BERTEIG has issued the letter of attendance. For more information, please refer to the PMI CCR Certification Requirements Handbook at https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/ccr-certification-requirements-handbook.pdf?la=en.
- Q: What if I'm shy and don't like interacting with people?
- A: Our Learning Events are highly interactive... and we make them safe and comfortable for even the most shy people! Our facilitators are experts in creating an environment where everyone is encouraged to participate without forcing you to do things or say things that might be uncomfortable. This is not like school. This is not like a university lecture. This is not like a high-pressure business meeting.
- Q: What if I'm just coming to get a certification?
- A: Okay! We know lots of people who have come to our Learning Events in the past, walked out with a valuable certification, and told us in no uncertain terms that it was the best "course" they had ever attended, they learned far more than they expected, and they are excited to apply what they have learned as soon as possible. But sure, you can attend just for the certification!
- Q: What do I need to bring with me?
- A: For most learning events you do not need to bring anything. During the Learning Event session, you will be asked to keep electronic devices out of the learning environment. You are welcome to bring your own notebook for note-taking but we provide materials for this as well. Check the description of your Learning Event to see if there are any special requirements.
- Q: Do you provide food?
- A: We normally provide coffee, tea, and light snacks in the morning and afternoon of a Learning Event. Lunch is not usually provided.
- Q: Why don't you provide printed books of your slides?
- A: First of all, we usually don't have many slides (if any!) in most of our Learning Events - instead we have a moderate number of handouts. The only exceptions are typically the SAFe training classes where we are a delivery partner and the materials come directly from Scaled Agile - in those classes there are typically a lot of slides and printed books. Secondly, printing heavy books uses a lot of paper and energy for something that most people don't ever refer back to after their "course" is finished. Third, you will learn better by taking your own notes (and we provide a simple structured way to do this)!
- For our own classes (not the Scaled Agile classes), handouts will be provided in electronic form following the class via file sharing system.
- Q: When does my Learning Event start and finish?
- A: Normally our Learning Events start at 8:30 sharp and end by 5:00pm. Some Learning Events may have other schedules. Please read the page about your particular Learning Event to know exactly what time it starts and ends.
- Q: Do you offer your Learning Events as private in-house sessions?
- A: Yes. Please contact email@example.com for more information and to receive a quote. Typically in-house sessions are scheduled six or more weeks after a contract has been signed - please ask for a quote as soon as possible if you think your need is urgent! We can also create custom Learning Events for an additional fee. We even do train-the-trainer programs for larger organizations who wish to leverage in-house staff. Generally, we avoid doing the CSM and CSPO Learning Events in-house and encourage you to come with your group to a public session.
- Q: What if I have an emergency and have to leave for some/part/most of the class?
- A: Depends on the emergency. If it is a medical emergency for yourself or a family member, we will work with you to either re-schedule or refund your money depending on circumstances. We don't have a fixed policy about this. For work related emergencies, we will not issue a refund, but will offer a spot to you at a future course at a 50% discount rate.
- Q: Do you recommend any supplemental learning resources?
- A: Yes. We have a list of recommended reading for agility that is organized by type of learning event.
- Q: Does BERTEIG partner with others to advertise and deliver training?
- A: Yes. We partner with training resellers who can reach different people than we can. If you have a question about our resellers or if you are interested in establishing a partnership relationship please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: I am a trainer myself. Can I list my courses on this website?
- A: No. This is one type of partnership that we are considering but have not yet established. If you are interested in this type of partnership, please contact email@example.com.